SubjectRe: General Discussion about GPLness
Dear whoeveryouare,

can you please state in a clearer form (more understandable to non-native
english talkers) what your true opinion on the topic is?
And in case you did not understand what I was saying, here is clearer form of
my opinion:

A kernel module with another license (be it whatsoever) is _no_ modification
of the kernel, but an extension of its features. If feature-extension is
against the GPL (which I seriously doubt) then I would say "go back onto your
trees". Because the human race and evolution is about little else than
feature-extension.

And another thing: court is for lawyers. Whenever the lawyers take over
something they don't (want to) understand the end is near ...

How about talking with real names? I have no idea why you spam rms or bruce
with this, as the question is all about _one_ project, namely linux-kernel.
I'd suggest taking them off this topic again ...

--
Regards,
Stephan

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 11:03:56 +0000
whywontyousue@waifu.club wrote:

> Dear Stephan von Krawczynski;
>
> Universal City Studios Inc v Reimerdes, piece of shit.
>
> "[The court] reasoned that Ferret consumers who used the Ferret as a
> plug-in to the Real Player altered the Real Player user interface by
> adding the Snap search button or replacing it with the Stream box search
> engine button. The court concluded that the plaintiff raised sufficently
> serious questions going to the merits of its claims to warrant an
> injunction pending trial"
>
> Want to violate the linux kernel copyright, you fucking piece of shit?
> Yes you do. Yes modifying the running kernel with violating pieces is
> copyright infringement, you fucking piece of shit. Yes you should be
> sued. Just as Open Source Security (Grsecurity) should be sued for their
> violations (of section 4 and 6 of the linux kernel copyright license
> (they're also violating the GCC copyrights too)).
>
> Will they be sued? Will you be sued? No: Linux copyright holders are
> scared little wageslave worker bees. They aren't going to sue you;
> sorry. Why are you even announcing you intent to violate the copyright?
> Why even give these dogs such intellectual deference?
>
> I wish OpenSourceSecurity would be sued. I wish you would be sued. But
> linux WERKIN MAHN wage slave piece of shit idiots won't do it: I hate
> them much more than I hate the violators. Complete Dogs. They could move
> from strenght to strenght, from victory to victory; but they're scared
> for their "JEHRB"s. I have to say: white men are pathetic scum. If Linux
> was built by others there would rightfully be lawsuits.
>

> > Stephan von Krawczynski wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > you may have already heard about it or not (several times in the past),
> > non-kernel devices run into a symbol export problem as soon as
> > something is
> > only exported GPL from the kernel.
> > Currently there is a discussion regarding zfs using this call chain:
> >
> > vdev_bio_associate_blkg (zfs) -> blkg_tryget (kernel) ->
> > percpu_ref_tryget
> > (kernel) -> rcu_read_unlock (kernel) -> __rcu_read_unlock (kernel)
> >
> > where __rcu_read_[lock|unlock] is a GPL symbol now used by (not GPL
> > exported)
> > percpu_ref_tryget.
> >
> > That this popped up (again) made me think a bit more general about the
> > issue.
> > And I do wonder if this rather ideologic problem is on the right track
> > currently. Because what the kernel tries to do with the export GPL
> > symbol
> > stuff is to prevent any other licensed software from _using_ it in
> > _runtime_.
> > It does not try to prevent use/copy of the source code inside another
> > non-gpl
> > project.
> > And I do think that this is not the intention of GPL. If it were, then
> > 100% of
> > all mobile phones on this planet are illegal. All of them use GPL
> [...]

  Last update: 2020-02-23 13:34    [W:0.115 / U:0.060 seconds]