SubjectStack trace when removing Thunderbolt devices while kernel shutting down
Date
Hi Bjorn,

If I surprise remove Thunderbolt 3 devices just as the kernel is
shutting down, I get stack dumps, when those devices would not normally
cause stack dumps if the kernel were not shutting down.

Because the kernel is shutting down, it makes it difficult to capture
the logs without a serial console.

In your mind, is this cause for concern? There is no harm caused and the
kernel still shuts down. The main thing I am worried about is if this
means that the locking around the subsystem is not strict enough.

If you think this is worth looking into, I will try to learn about how
the native interrupts are handled and try to investigate, and I will
also try to get my serial console working again to capture the details.

Thank you for any thoughts you may give.

Kind regards,
Nicholas Johnson.

  Last update: 2020-02-18 15:19    [W:0.062 / U:0.284 seconds]