SubjectRE: Is it safe for a NIC driver to use all the 48 bytes of skb->cb?
Date

skb_cow_head() only expands the headroom if it is not enough, in case some
upper layer path didn't reserve enough.

> PS, what does the "cow" here mean? Copy On Write? It looks skb_cow_head()
> just copies the data (if necessary) and it has nothing to do with the
> write-protection in the MMU code.

Unrelated to MMU. It just copies some data to make room for writing.

Thanks,
- Haiyang

  Last update: 2020-02-17 23:32    [W:0.056 / U:10.384 seconds]