SubjectRE: [RFC 1/4] ARM: imx: use device_initcall for imx_soc_device_init
Date
> Subject: Re: [RFC 1/4] ARM: imx: use device_initcall for imx_soc_device_init

> > > This change will impact various internal test case & userspace lib, I think.
> > > Need to ask test team & other developer to double check the impact.
> >
> > /sys/devices/soc0 is still there, the patchset only moves the platform
> > devices which under /sys/devices/soc0 to /sys/devices/platform
>
> Jacky's concern still stands, as there are many user spaces which will be
> broken and need update.

The soc device itself still under /sys/devices/soc0, the soc_id/revision still there.
It is just the platform devices moved to /sys/devices/platform.

When I confirm with Jacky before, his concern is soc_id/revision will be
moved. But this is not true, they are still there as before.

> > In this way, we aligned with ARM64. And simplify arch code by moving
> > the code to drivers/soc/imx. In future, considering more cleanup, we
> > could merge the code to soc-imx8.c, since they share similar silicon
> > rev ocotp logic.
>
> Though this is a good thing from maintenance point of view, we do not want
> to break user spaces.

Actually not break user spaces, since this is RFC, I not expect this be merged.
If you agree, I could post normal V1 patchset.

Thanks,
Peng.

> Shawn

  Last update: 2020-02-13 06:48    [W:0.045 / U:3.520 seconds]