SubjectRe: problem booting 5.10
On 12/8/20 2:25 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> [ Just re-sending with Jens added back - he's been on a couple of the
> emails, but wean't on this one. Sorry for the duplication ]

Don't think I was, but gmail shows me the rest of the thread now.

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 1:23 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 1:14 PM John Garry <john.garry@huawei.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> JFYI, About "scsi: megaraid_sas: Added support for shared host tagset
>>> for cpuhotplug", we did have an issue reported here already from Qian
>>> about a boot hang:
>>
>> Hmm. That does sound like it might be it.
>>
>> At this point, the patches from Ming Lei seem to be a riskier approach
>> than perhaps just reverting the megaraid_sas change?
>>
>> It looks like those patches are queued up for 5.11, and we could
>> re-apply the megaraid_sas change then?
>>
>> Jens, comments?
>>
>> And Julia - if it's that thing, then a
>>
>> git revert 103fbf8e4020
>>
>> would be the thing to test.

Ming's series is queued up for 5.11, so if the revert does show that
this is indeed the issue (and it sure looks like it), then I'd suggest
we simply revert this commit from 5.10 and we can revisit after the
merge window opens and Ming's patches are in anyway.

--
Jens Axboe

  Last update: 2020-12-08 22:35    [W:0.079 / U:0.108 seconds]