SubjectRe: BUG: KCSAN: data-race in tick_nohz_next_event / tick_nohz_stop_tick
Date
On Sat, Dec 05 2020 at 19:18, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 04 2020 at 20:53, Marco Elver wrote:
> It might be useful to find the actual variable, data member or whatever
> which is involved in the various reports and if there is a match then
> the reports could be aggregated. The 3 patterns here are not even the
> complete possible picture.
>
> So if you sum them up: 58 + 148 + 205 instances then their weight
> becomes more significant as well.

I just looked into the moderation queue and picked stuff which I'm
familiar with from the subject line.

There are quite some reports which have a different trigger scenario,
but are all related to the same issue.

https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=f5a5ed5b2b6c3e92bc1a9dadc934c44ee3ba4ec5
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=36fc4ad4cac8b8fc8a40713f38818488faa9e9f4

are just variations of the same problem timer_base->running_timer being
set to NULL without holding the base lock. Safe, but insanely hard to
explain why :)

Next:

https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=e613fc2458de1c8a544738baf46286a99e8e7460
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=55bc81ed3b2f620f64fa6209000f40ace4469bc0
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=972894de81731fc8f62b8220e7cd5153d3e0d383

That's just the ones which caught my eye and all are related to
task->flags usage. There are tons more judging from the subject
lines.

So you really want to look at them as classes of problems and not as
individual scenarios.

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2020-12-06 00:48    [W:0.110 / U:0.120 seconds]