SubjectRe: [BUG] SPI broken for SPI based panel drivers
Hi Linus,

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 9:20 AM Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:

> I don't know if much can be done about it other than
> having better programmers than me at the task. Or
> less tired when they write the patch. etc.

I don't think that we have many programmers that are
better than you :)

IMHO the fundamental dilemma is between features,
security and agility on the one hand, and stability on
the other. Too much emphasis on stability, and one
ends up with a system which is hard to change, i.e.
improve or keep secure. A system like that runs the
real risk of being rapidly overtaken by a more nimble
alternative.

More testing is good and will make breakages rarer,
but I guess we need to be realistic here and realize
that even with a huge community effort, we might
never get 100% or even 80% test coverage.

But to be honest these sound like questions for the
Greg KHs and Torvaldses of this world, not for me.

  Last update: 2020-12-01 15:37    [W:0.106 / U:2.092 seconds]