SubjectRe: ..and it builds and boot without a fuss! Linux 5.10-rc3
On 16:29 Sun 08 Nov 2020, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>Things look normal. rc3 is neither particularly small or particularly
>large - it's pretty much average for an rc3 release for the last
>couple of years. As usual, things have picked up a bit from rc2 as
>people are finding things, but that's normal and not worrisome.
>
>Nothing particularly stands out in the shortlog (appended) or the
>diffs either - the changes are pretty spread out, with all the usual
>suspects: drivers (gpu, sound, i2c, networking etc), architecture
>fixes (x86, powerpc, arm64, risc-v, s390), and various tooling and
>documentation updates. And to round it out, a random smattering
>elsewhere (core networking, kernel, some mm and filesystem noise).
>
>Please test,
>
> Linus

Well, something for your eyes!

[ 4.378607] md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
[ 4.379048] md: autorun ...
[ 4.379470] md: ... autorun DONE.
[ 4.500224] tsc: Refined TSC clocksource calibration: 2194.918 MHz
[ 4.501001] clocksource: tsc: mask: 0xffffffffffffffff max_cycles: 0x1fa37202099, max_idle_ns: 440795206796 ns
[ 4.503953] clocksource: Switched to clocksource tsc
[ 4.563831] EXT4-fs (sda): recovery complete
[ 4.579815] EXT4-fs (sda): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
[ 4.584256] ext4 filesystem being mounted at /root supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
[ 4.585248] VFS: Mounted root (ext4 filesystem) on device 8:0.
[ 4.603450] devtmpfs: mounted
[ 4.622597] Freeing unused decrypted memory: 2036K
[ 4.739189] Freeing unused kernel image (initmem) memory: 1628K
[ 4.740247] Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 26624k
[ 4.748217] Freeing unused kernel image (text/rodata gap) memory: 2028K
[ 4.752938] Freeing unused kernel image (rodata/data gap) memory: 664K
[ 4.754491] rodata_test: all tests were successful
[ 4.755199] Run /sbin/init as init process
[ 5.069777] EXT4-fs (sda): re-mounted. Opts: (null)
[ 5.071165] ext4 filesystem being remounted at / supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
Starting syslogd: OK
Starting klogd: OK
Running sysctl: OK
[ 6.675665] random: crng init done
Initializing random number generator: OK
Saving random seed: OK
Starting network: OK

Welcome to Buildroot_Linux
Bhaskar_Thinkpad_x250 login: root
# uname -a
Linux Bhaskar_Thinkpad_x250 5.10.0-rc3-Gentoo #1 SMP Mon Nov 9 06:56:41 IST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

~Bhaskar
> [...]
> can: j1939: use backquotes for code samples
>
>YueHaibing (1):
> sfp: Fix error handing in sfp_probe()
>
>Zenghui Yu (1):
> vfio/type1: Use the new helper to find vfio_group
>
>Zhang Changzhong (3):
> can: proc: can_remove_proc(): silence remove_proc_entry warning
> can: j1939: j1939_sk_bind(): return failure if netdev is down
> can: ti_hecc: ti_hecc_probe(): add missed
>clk_disable_unprepare() in error path
>
>Zhang Qilong (2):
> vfio: platform: fix reference leak in vfio_platform_open
> USB: apple-mfi-fastcharge: fix reference leak in apple_mfi_fc_set_property
>
>Zhao Qiang (1):
> spi: fsl-dspi: fix wrong pointer in suspend/resume
>
>Ziyi Cao (1):
> USB: serial: option: add Quectel EC200T module support
>
>Zqiang (2):
> usb: raw-gadget: fix memory leak in gadget_setup
> kthread_worker: prevent queuing delayed work from timer_fn when
>it is being canceled
>
>kernel test robot (1):
> can: mcp251xfd: mcp251xfd_regmap_nocrc_read(): fix
>semicolon.cocci warnings
>
>kiyin(尹亮) (1):
> perf/core: Fix a memory leak in perf_event_parse_addr_filter()
>
>wenxu (1):
> ip_tunnel: fix over-mtu packet send fail without
>TUNNEL_DONT_FRAGMENT flags
>
>zhongjiang-ali (1):
> mm: memcontrol: correct the NR_ANON_THPS counter of hierarchical memcg
>
>zhuoliang zhang (1):
> net: xfrm: fix a race condition during allocing spi
>
>Zenghui Yu (1):
> vfio/type1: Use the new helper to find vfio_group
>
>Zhang Changzhong (3):
> can: proc: can_remove_proc(): silence remove_proc_entry warning
> can: j1939: j1939_sk_bind(): return failure if netdev is down
> can: ti_hecc: ti_hecc_probe(): add missed
>clk_disable_unprepare() in error path
>
>Zhang Qilong (2):
> vfio: platform: fix reference leak in vfio_platform_open
> USB: apple-mfi-fastcharge: fix reference leak in apple_mfi_fc_set_property
>
>Zhao Qiang (1):
> spi: fsl-dspi: fix wrong pointer in suspend/resume
>
>Ziyi Cao (1):
> USB: serial: option: add Quectel EC200T module support
>
>Zqiang (2):
> usb: raw-gadget: fix memory leak in gadget_setup
> kthread_worker: prevent queuing delayed work from timer_fn when
>it is being canceled
>
>kernel test robot (1):
> can: mcp251xfd: mcp251xfd_regmap_nocrc_read(): fix
>semicolon.cocci warnings
>
>kiyin(尹亮) (1):
> perf/core: Fix a memory leak in perf_event_parse_addr_filter()
>
>wenxu (1):
> ip_tunnel: fix over-mtu packet send fail without
>TUNNEL_DONT_FRAGMENT flags
>
>zhongjiang-ali (1):
> mm: memcontrol: correct the NR_ANON_THPS counter of hierarchical memcg
>
>zhuoliang zhang (1):
> net: xfrm: fix a race condition during allocing spi

  Last update: 2020-11-09 04:41    [W:0.075 / U:0.108 seconds]