SubjectRe: Collecting both remote and "local" coverage with KCOV
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 3:39 AM Alexander Bulekov <alxndr@bu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to collect coverage over the syscalls issued by my process,
> as well as the kthreads spawned as a result of these syscalls
> (eg coverage over vhost ioctls and the worker kthread). Is there a way
> to collect coverage with both KCOV_REMOTE_ENABLE(with common_handle) and
> KCOV_ENABLE, simultaneously?
>
> Based on the code it seems that these two modes are mutually
> exclusive within a single task, but I don't think this is mentioned in
> the Documentation, so I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Hi Alex,

Yes, it's probably not supported within a single task. The easiest way
to verify is to try it ;)

It is possible to collect both coverages, but you will need 2 threads
(one just to set up remote KCOV).

Unless I am missing any fundamental limitations, I would say it would
be reasonable to support this within a single task as well.

  Last update: 2020-11-16 09:37    [W:0.059 / U:1.204 seconds]