SubjectRe: [Cocci] Coccinelle: null: Optimise disj unctions in SmPL script “eno.cocci”

On Sun, 25 Oct 2020, Markus Elfring wrote:

> >> This analysis result indicates a clear ranking for such function calls.
> >> Thus reorder the SmPL disjunction items according to their usage incidence.
> >
> > Did you actually test this before and after the change and see a
> > difference in performance?
>
> Would you become interested to configure a representative test environment
> for safe comparisons of corresponding run time characteristics
> of the affected software?

In what sense could the comparison possibly be unsafe?

Just use time and run spatch on whatever machine you want. It's not that
complicated.

> > On my laptop, I see absolutely no difference,
> > for the patch mode and for the context mode.
>
> Does such information trigger a desire to clarify involved aspects in more detail?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz

julia

  Last update: 2020-10-25 19:57    [W:0.055 / U:0.092 seconds]