lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2020]   [Oct]   [21]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
From
Date
SubjectRe: [PATCH 0/4] power: avs: Move drivers to the soc directories and drop avs
On Fri, 16 Oct 2020 at 18:30, Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@kernel.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 5:23 PM Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > + Arnd
> >
> > On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 17:09, Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@kernel.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 6:05 PM Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > The avs drivers in drivers/power/avs/* are all SoC specific drivers that
> > > > doesn't share any code. Instead they are located in a directory, mostly to keep
> > > > similar functionality together. From a maintenance point of view, it makes
> > > > better sense to collect SoC specific drivers like these, into the SoC specific
> > > > directories.
> > > >
> > > > Therefore, this series moves the drivers, one by one - and in the end, it
> > > > deletes the empty avs directory.
> > > >
> > > > It seems best to me, if this can be funneled via Rafael's linux-pm tree. Then
> > > > when going forward, each driver should be managed through the SoC maintainer's
> > > > trees.
> > >
> > > That's fine by me.
> > >
> > > I'd like to get an ACK from the arm-soc side on this, though.
> >
> > I have looped in Arnd, to get his opinion on this.
> >
> > Although, I think the people on cc already send pull requests to the
> > arm-soc maintainers (or perhaps it was these people you were referring
> > to), so just awaiting their acks should be fine, I guess.
>
> OK
>
> For now, I've taken patches [2-3/4] that have been ACKed.
>
> When the [1/4] is ACKed, I'll take it too and apply the last one.

Patch 1/4 has been acked now as well, so I think the remaining part of
this series is ready to go.

However, I noticed that Stephen Rothwell reported some merge conflicts
for arm-soc in linux-next. Quite trivial to resolve, though. Perhaps
an option to consider is to send this as material for v5.10-rc1 (or
maybe rc2) to avoid further conflicts during this release cycle? Just
an idea..

Kind regards
Uffe

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2020-10-21 12:42    [W:0.109 / U:1.016 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site