SubjectRe: Why is CONFIG_VT forced on?
On 31.12.19 02:55, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:

Hi,

> What this means is that the prompt is shown only if CONFIG_EXPERT is
> enabled. If CONFIG_EXPERT is not set, then the default value (which
> for CONFIG_VT is "yes") is used, with no way to change it.

So, if one manually changes that in .config and re-runs 'make
menuconfig' again, it will be forced back to the default ?

> What's not there is an explanation for why a parameter like CONFIG_VT
> is enabled.

That actually would be a good thing to have. I already had lots of cases
where I had to spend quite some time in order to find out what caused
something to be enabled/disabled/disappearing.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert

  Last update: 2020-01-04 21:29    [W:0.084 / U:4.704 seconds]