SubjectRe: [RFC] tools lib traceevent: How to do library versioning being in the Linux kernel source?
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 00:49:50 +0100
Jiri Olsa <jolsa@redhat.com> wrote:

> > Should we move libtraceevent into a stand alone git repo (on
> > kernel.org), that can have tags and branches specifically for it? We
> > can keep a copy in the Linux source tree for perf to use till it
>
> so libbpf 'moved' for this reason to github repo,
> but keeping the kernel as the true/first source,
> and updating github repo when release is ready
>
> libbpf github repo is then source for fedora (and others)
> package

Ah, so perhaps I should follow this? I could keep it a kernel.org repo
(as I rather have it there anyway).

We can have the tools/lib/traceevent be the main source, but then just
copy it to the stand alone for releases.

Sudip, would this work for you too? (and yes, I plan on acking that
patch for the -ldl change, after looking at it a little bit more).

-- Steve

  Last update: 2020-01-03 00:59    [W:0.172 / U:12.564 seconds]