[lkml]   [2020]   [Jan]   [14]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
Messages in this thread
Subject[PATCH v3 0/7] Add dts for mt8183 GPU (and misc panfrost patches)

Follow-up on the v2: .

The main purpose of this series is to upstream the dts change and the binding
document, but I wanted to see how far I could probe the GPU, to check that the
binding is indeed correct. The rest of the patches are RFC/work-in-progress, but
I think some of them could already be picked up.

So this is tested on MT8183 with a chromeos-4.19 kernel, and a ton of
backports to get the latest panfrost driver (I should probably try on
linux-next at some point but this was the path of least resistance).

I tested it as a module as it's more challenging (originally probing would
work built-in, on boot, but not as a module, as I didn't have the power
domain changes, and all power domains are on by default during boot).

Probing logs looks like this, currently. They look sane.
[ 501.319728] panfrost 13040000.gpu: clock rate = 511999970
[ 501.320041] panfrost 13040000.gpu: Linked as a consumer to regulator.14
[ 501.320102] panfrost 13040000.gpu: Linked as a consumer to regulator.31
[ 501.320651] panfrost 13040000.gpu: Linked as a consumer to genpd:0:13040000.gpu
[ 501.320954] panfrost 13040000.gpu: Linked as a consumer to genpd:1:13040000.gpu
[ 501.321062] panfrost 13040000.gpu: Linked as a consumer to genpd:2:13040000.gpu
[ 501.321734] panfrost 13040000.gpu: mali-g72 id 0x6221 major 0x0 minor 0x3 status 0x0
[ 501.321741] panfrost 13040000.gpu: features: 00000000,13de77ff, issues: 00000000,00000400
[ 501.321747] panfrost 13040000.gpu: Features: L2:0x07120206 Shader:0x00000000 Tiler:0x00000809 Mem:0x1 MMU:0x00002830 AS:0xff JS:0x7
[ 501.321752] panfrost 13040000.gpu: shader_present=0x7 l2_present=0x1
[ 501.324951] [drm] Initialized panfrost 1.1.0 20180908 for 13040000.gpu on minor 2

Some more changes are still required to get devfreq working, and of course
I do not have a userspace driver to test this with.



v3 (see individual patches, too):
- Match a specific mediatek,mt8183-mali instead of the generic bifrost,
as this instance requires 2 special cases:
- 2 regulators
- 3 power domains

- Use sram instead of mali_sram as SRAM supply name.
- Rename mali@ to gpu@.
- Add dt-bindings changes
- Stacking patches after the device tree change that allow basic
probing (still incomplete and broken).

Nicolas Boichat (7):
dt-bindings: gpu: mali-bifrost: Add Mediatek MT8183
arm64: dts: mt8183: Add node for the Mali GPU
drm/panfrost: Improve error reporting in panfrost_gpu_power_on
drm/panfrost: Add support for multiple regulators
drm/panfrost: Add support for multiple power domains
RFC: drm/panfrost: Add mt8183-mali compatible string
RFC: drm/panfrost: devfreq: Add support for 2 regulators

.../bindings/gpu/arm,mali-bifrost.yaml | 18 +++
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8183-evb.dts | 7 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/mediatek/mt8183.dtsi | 104 +++++++++++++++
drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_devfreq.c | 17 +++
drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.c | 120 +++++++++++++++---
drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.h | 25 +++-
drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_drv.c | 38 ++++--
drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_gpu.c | 11 +-
8 files changed, 310 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)


 \ /
  Last update: 2020-01-14 08:17    [W:0.076 / U:20.192 seconds]
©2003-2020 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site