SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Thermal management updates for v5.4-rc1
On Fri, 2019-09-27 at 21:52 +0200, Richard Weinberger wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 9:30 PM Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > Because there are literally thousands of developers working on
> > kernel
> > bits here and there, and you're swatting this particular fly one
> > developer at a time.
>
> I strongly disagree. One of the golden rules of kernel development is,
> read what Linus writes. Especially during the merge window.
>
> Thanks,
> //richard

Developers come and go. Your argument is temporally flawed. A
developer might start working on the tree, read everything during a
merge window, and not catch one of Linus' rebase rants prior to
committing a rebase felony of their own.

Besides, I don't think this rule of yours is all that universal. If
Linus is off on a thread about arm64 device tree brokenness and someone
does a rebase and he rants about it, I'm very likely to miss that rant.
I read what I reasonably deem to be relevant to me and my work, or
sometimes additional stuff that just jumps out at me. But I never
learned to speed read so I don't even try to read it all and wouldn't
agree to a rule that says I have to.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@redhat.com>
GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD

  Last update: 2019-09-27 21:58    [W:0.071 / U:0.592 seconds]