SubjectRe: sched: make struct task_struct::state 32-bit
> >> // FIXME: match functions that do something with state_var underneath?
> >> // How to do recursive rules?
> >
> > You want to look at the definitions of called functions? Coccinelle
> > doesn't really support that, but there are hackish ways to add that. How
> > many function calls would you expect have to be unrolled?
> >

> I wouldn't expect more than a handful (~5). I suppose this has to do with
> injecting some Python/Ocaml code? I have some examples bookmarked but
> haven't gotten to stare at them long enough.

You can look at iteration.cocci, but it's a bit complex.

You could match definitions of functions that do what you are interested
in, then store the names of these functions in a list (python/ocaml), and
then look for calls to those functions. Something like

identifier fn : script:ocaml() { in_my_list fn };

> >> // Fixup local variables
> >> @depends on patch && state_access@
> >> identifier state_var = state_access.state_var;
> >> @@
> >> (
> >> - long
> >> + int
> >> |
> >> - unsigned long
> >> + unsigned int
> >> )
> >> state_var;
> >>
> >> // Fixup function parameters
> >> @depends on patch && state_access@
> >> identifier fn;
> >> identifier state_var = state_access.state_var;
> >> @@
> >>
> >> fn(...,
> >> - long state_var
> >> + int state_var
> >> ,...)
> >> {
> >> }
> >>
> >> // FIXME: find a way to squash that with the above?
> >
> > I think that you can make a disjunction on a function parameter
> >
> > fn(...,
> > (
> > - T1 x1
> > + T2 x2
> > |
> > - T3 x3
> > + T4 x4
> > )
> > , ...) { ... }
> >

> My attempt at this gives me "minus: parse error", which is why I went
> with the split.

OK, the split is probably not a major catastrophe...

julia

> Something simple like this works:
> ---
> virtual patch
> virtual report
>
> @@
> identifier fn;
> identifier p;
> @@
>
> fn(...,
> - long
> + int
> ,...)
> {
> }
> ---
>
> but this doesn't:
> ---
> virtual patch
> virtual report
>
> @@
> identifier fn;
> identifier p;
> @@
>
> fn(...,
> (
> - long p
> + int p
> |
> - unsigned long p
> + unsigned int p
> )
> ,...)
> {
> }
> ---
>
> > julia

  Last update: 2019-09-23 13:44    [W:1.026 / U:0.064 seconds]