SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Kselftest update for Linux 5.4-rc1
On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 12:26 PM Shuah Khan <skhan@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> This Kselftest update for Linux 5.4-rc1 consists of several fixes to
> existing tests and adds KUnit, a lightweight unit testing and mocking
> framework for the Linux kernel from Brendan Higgins.

So I pulled this, but then I almost immediately unpulled it.

My reason for doing that may be odd, but it's because of the top-level
'kunit' directory. This shouldn't be on the top level.

The reason I react so strongly is that it actually breaks my finger
memory. I don't type out filenames - I auto-compete them. So "kernel/"
is "k<tab>", "drivers/" is "d<tab>" etc.

It already doesn't work for everything ("mm/" is actually "mm<tab>"
not because we have files in the git tree, but because the build
creates various "module" files), but this breaks a common pattern for
me.

> In the future KUnit will be linked to Kselftest framework to provide
> a way to trigger KUnit tests from user-space.

Can the kernel parts please move to lib/kunit/ or something like that?

Linus

  Last update: 2019-09-20 18:19    [W:0.088 / U:0.108 seconds]