SubjectRe: linux-next: build failure after merge of the keys tree
Date
Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> The forward declararion doesn't seem to work (at laste for the
> !CONFIG_USB_NOTIFICATIONS case.

In the !CONFIG_USB_NOTIFICATIONS case, the argument is to a stub inline
function. Even though the argument isn't actually used, it can't be an
undefined type - and, I'm guessing, an undefined size, meaning the compiler
doesn't know how many registers/how much stack space it would occupy before
getting to the error argument.

I have a fix for this in my tree that just makes it an unsigned int in the
disabled case:

static inline void post_usb_device_notification(const struct usb_device *udev,
unsigned int subtype, u32 error) {}

> +#include <linux/watch_queue.h>

I was trying to avoid that if I could to avoid introducing the possibility of
circular deps, but that might not be a problem in this case.

> I then discovered that I needed to install libkeyutils-dev :-( but it
> built OK after that.

? The kernel shouldn't require that to build.

David

  Last update: 2019-09-02 18:01    [W:1.094 / U:0.524 seconds]