SubjectRe: [RFC] ARM: dts: omap36xx: Enable thermal throttling
On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:09 AM H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:

> > I am going to push a separate but related RFC with 2 patches in the
> > series. This new one will setup the alerts and maps without any
> > throttling for all omap3's in the first patch. The second patch will
> > consolidate the thermal references to omap3.dtsi so omap34, omap36 and
> > am35 can all use them without having to duplicate the entries.
> >
> > It will make the omap36xx changes simpler to manage, because we can
> > just modify a portion of the entries instead of having the whole
> > table.
> >
> > Once this parallel RFC gets comments/feedback, I'll re-integrate the
> > omap36xx throttling.
>
> Good idea. I have looked over them and they seem to be ok.

Rebasing my omap36xx throttling after the v2 RFC I pushed moving the
omap3-cpu thermal stuff, I modified the omap36xx accordingly to try
and force the alert condition:

&cpu_alert0 {
temperature = <55000>; /* millicelsius */
};

&cpu_cooling_maps {
map0 {
/* OPP130 and OPP1G are not available above 90C */
cooling-device = <&cpu 0 2>;
};
};

I would expect that with the temperature set for 55C, it would have
done something, but it doesn't appear to be working as I would expect.

# cat /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
58500

# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_available_frequencies
300000 600000 800000
#

:-(

> > adam
>
> BR and thanks,
> Nikolaus

  Last update: 2019-09-13 18:36    [W:0.174 / U:0.764 seconds]