SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 1/2] arm64: dts: exynos: Pull for v5.4
On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 23:07, Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 8:36 PM Krzysztof Kozlowski <krzk@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Unfortunately the patches were applied right after closing the linux-next.
>
> Hi Krzysztof,
>
> I took a look at these and am not convinced this is right:
>
> > 1. Fix boot of Exynos7 due to wrong address/size of memory node,
>
> The current state is clearly broken and a fix is needed, but
> I'm not sure this is the right fix. Why do you have 32-bit physical
> addressing on a 64-bit chip? I looked at commit ef72171b3621
> that introduced it, and it seems it would be better to just
> revert back to 64-bit addresses.

We discussed with Marek Szyprowski that either we can go back to
64-bit addressing or stick to 32. There are not known boards with more
than 4 GB of RAM so from this point of view the choice was irrelevant.
At the end of discussion I mentioned to stick with other arm64 boards
(although not all), so revert to have 64 bit address... but Marek
chosen differently. Since you ask, let's go back with revert.

> > 2. Move GPU under /soc node,
>
> No problem
>
> > 3. Minor cleanup of #address-cells.
>
> IIRC, an interrupt-controller is required to have a #address-cells
> property, even if that is normally zero. I don't remember the
> details, but the gic binding lists it as mandatory, and I think
> the PCI interrupt-map relies on it. I would just drop this patch.

Indeed, binding requires both address and size cells. I'll drop it.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

  Last update: 2019-09-12 08:33    [W:0.080 / U:0.204 seconds]