SubjectRe: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Call for nominations
Date

> On Aug 9, 2019, at 2:26 AM, Laura Abbott <laura@labbott.name> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Friendly reminder that the TAB elections are coming soon:
>
> The Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board (TAB) serves as the
> interface between the kernel development community and the Linux
> Foundation. The TAB advises the Foundation on kernel-related matters,
> helps member companies learn to work with the community, and works to
> resolve community-related problems before they get out of hand. We
> also support the Code of Conduct committee in their mission.
>
> The board has ten members, one of whom sits on the Linux Foundation
> board of directors.
>
> The election to select five TAB members will be held at the 2019 Kernel Summit
> in Lisbon, Portugal September 9-11. As has been announced[2], we are moving to
> an electronic voting system this year. Further details about the exact voting
> procedures will be coming soon. Anyone is eligible to stand for election,
> simply send your nomination to:
>
> tech-board-discuss at lists.linux-foundation.org
>
> With your nomination, please include a short candidate statement. This candidate
> statement should focus on why you are running and what you hope to accomplish
> on the TAB. We will be collecting these statements and making them publicly
> available.
>
> The deadline for receiving nominations is 9am GMT+1 on September 9th (the first
> day of Kernel Summit). Due to the use of electronic voting, this will be a hard
> deadline!
>
> Current TAB members, and their election year:
>
> Jon Corbet 2017
> Greg Kroah-Hartman 2017
> Steven Rostedt 2017
> Ted Tso 2017
> Tim Bird 2017
>
> Chris Mason 2018
> Laura Abbott 2018
> Olof Johansson 2018
> Kees Cook 2018
> Dan Williams 2018
>
> The five slots from 2017 are all up for election. As always, please
> let us know if you have questions, and please do consider running.
>
> Thanks,
> Laura
>
> [1] TAB members sit for a term of two years, and half of the board is
> up for election every year. Five of the seats are up for election now.
> The other five are halfway through their term and will be up for
> election next year.
>
> [2] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2019-July/006582.html

Reminder to send in your candidate statements, the current ones are
available at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E3_W1c-xJMx9o2PCnKiGt3vqs-mPh77yNO4GSqNipOQ

Thanks,
Laura

  Last update: 2019-08-28 19:49    [W:0.044 / U:0.024 seconds]