SubjectRe: [patch] Fix up l1ft documentation was Re: Taking a break - time to look back
Hi!

> On Tue, 12 Mar 2019, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > On Mon 2019-03-11 23:31:08, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > > Calling this a lie is a completly unjustified personal attack on those who
> >
> > So how should it be called? I initally used less strong words, only to
> > get "Care to tell what's a lie instead of making bold statements?"
> > back. Also look at the timing of the thread.
>
> You called it a lie from the very beginning or what do you think made me
> tell you that? Here is what you said:

Actually, I still call it a lie. Document clearly says that bug is
fixed in non-virtualized cases, when in fact it depends on PAE and
limited memory.

> If you want to provide more accurate documentation then you better come up
> with something which is helpful instead of completely useless blurb like
> the below:

At this point I want you to fix it yourself. Lying about security bugs
being fixed when they are not is not cool. I tried to be helpful and
submit a patch, but I don't feel like you are cooperating on getting
the patch applied.

> > + Mitigation is present in kernels v4.19 and newer, and in
> > + recent -stable kernels. PAE needs to be enabled for mitigation to
> > + work.
>
> No. The mitigation is available when the kernel provides it. Numbers are
> irrelevant because that documentation has to be applicable for stable
> kernels as well. And what is a recent -stable kernel?
>
> Also the PAE part needs to go to a completely different section.

Best regards,
Pavel

--
DENX Software Engineering GmbH, Managing Director: Wolfgang Denk

  Last update: 2019-08-29 00:18    [W:0.049 / U:0.200 seconds]