SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with the hwmon-staging tree
On 7/8/19 5:17 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 17:15:24 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>>
>> Today's linux-next merge of the tip tree got a conflict in:
>>
>> drivers/hwmon/coretemp.c
>>
>> between commit:
>>
>> 601fdf7e6635 ("hwmon: Correct struct allocation style")
>>
>> from the hwmon-staging tree and commit:
>>
>> 835896a59b95 ("hwmon/coretemp: Cosmetic: Rename internal variables to zones from packages")
>>
>> from the tip tree.
>>
>> I fixed it up (the comment fixed in the latter was also fixed in the
>> former) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as
>> linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned
>> to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.
>> You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the
>> conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.
>
> I am still getting this conflict (the commit ids may have changed).
> Just a reminder in case you think Linus may need to know.

Thanks a lot for the reminder.

I had a quick look into the actual conflicts. I thought they are trivial,
but that is not the case. I'll drop commit 601fdf7e6635 from my queue.
In the future, to reduce the chance of similar problems, I won't accept
cosmetic changes to the coretemp driver anymore since I only have limited
if any control over it.

Guenter

  Last update: 2019-07-09 03:22    [W:0.139 / U:0.100 seconds]