SubjectRe: Reminder: 99 open syzbot bugs in net subsystem

On 7/24/19 3:38 AM, Eric Biggers wrote:
> [This email was generated by a script. Let me know if you have any suggestions
> to make it better, or if you want it re-generated with the latest status.]
>
> Of the currently open syzbot reports against the upstream kernel, I've manually
> marked 99 of them as possibly being bugs in the net subsystem. This category
> only includes the networking bugs that I couldn't assign to a more specific
> component (bpf, xfrm, bluetooth, tls, tipc, sctp, wireless, etc.). I've listed
> these reports below, sorted by an algorithm that tries to list first the reports
> most likely to be still valid, important, and actionable.
>
> Of these 99 bugs, 17 were seen in mainline in the last week.
>
> Of these 99 bugs, 4 were bisected to commits from the following people:
>
> Florian Westphal <fw@strlen.de>
> Ilya Maximets <i.maximets@samsung.com>
> Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com>
> David Ahern <dsahern@gmail.com>
>
> If you believe a bug is no longer valid, please close the syzbot report by
> sending a '#syz fix', '#syz dup', or '#syz invalid' command in reply to the
> original thread, as explained at https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ#status
>
> If you believe I misattributed a bug to the net subsystem, please let me know,
> and if possible forward the report to the correct people or mailing list.

Some of the bugs have been fixed already, before syzbot found them.

Why force human to be gentle to bots and actually replying to them ?

I usually simply wait that syzbot is finding the bug does not repro anymore,
but now if you send these emails, we will have even more pressure on us.

  Last update: 2019-07-24 08:40    [W:0.956 / U:0.676 seconds]