SubjectRe: [patch 23/38] mm/sparsemem: introduce struct mem_section_usage
On Fri 19-07-19 09:42:18, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 11:13 PM Michal Hocko <mhocko@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Has this been properly reviewed after the last rebase and is this
> > actually ready for merging? I have seen some follow up fixes
> > http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20190715081549.32577-1-osalvador@suse.de
> > and do not see those patches being in the pipe line. Or have they been
> > merged?
>
> It looks to me from the patches that Andrew updated them with
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20190715081549.32577-2-osalvador@suse.de/
>
> and
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-mm/20190718120543.GA8500@linux/
>
> so it looks good to me.
>
> But that's just from reading the patches, I might have missed
> something and I don't see the history.

Thanks for double checking! It's good that follow up fixes didn't fall
through cracks. Anyway I have to say that I find merging shortly after a
non-trivial rebase as risky and rushed through. I am not really
convinced this is so urgent to warrant such a step.

I hoped to get to it eventually and give it a deeper review because this
is a non trivial stuff. I am sorry but I couldn't have done that yet
(busy with other stuff and being OOO for quite some time).
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs

  Last update: 2019-07-22 07:47    [W:0.065 / U:46.016 seconds]