SubjectRe: [v3] coccinelle: semantic code search for missing of_node_put
>> Why would you like to keep this SmPL code in the commit description?
>
> I don't know indetail what you are proposing,

I imagine that you can get more interesting software development ideas
from links to previous messages.
I hope that the desired clarification can become more constructive.

How are the chances to move such code into SmPL script files?

> but I would prefer not to put semantic patches that involve iteration
> into the kernel, for simplicity.

This view is also interesting.

But I hope that this functionality will become more helpful
if we can agree on value combinations which should be iterated
for powerful source code analysis.

>> I would prefer software evolution in an other direction.
>> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/44be5924-26ca-5106-aa25-3cbc3343aa2c@web.de/
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/7/4/21

Would you like to add any more advices for affected software components?

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2019-07-16 14:07    [W:0.049 / U:22.492 seconds]