SubjectRe: [RFC v2 02/26] mm/asi: Abort isolation on interrupt, exception and context switch

On 7/12/19 2:05 AM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

>> On Jul 11, 2019, at 8:25 AM, Alexandre Chartre <alexandre.chartre@oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Address space isolation should be aborted if there is an interrupt,
>> an exception or a context switch. Interrupt/exception handlers and
>> context switch code need to run with the full kernel address space.
>> Address space isolation is aborted by restoring the original CR3
>> value used before entering address space isolation.
>>

> NAK to the entry changes. That code you’re changing is already known
> to be a bit buggy, and it’s spaghetti. PeterZ and I are gradually
> working on fixing some bugs and C-ifying it. ASI can go on top.

Agree this is spaghetti and I will be happy to move ASI on top. I will keep
an eye for your changes, and I will change the ASI code accordingly.

Thanks,

alex.

  Last update: 2019-07-12 09:52    [W:0.074 / U:10.524 seconds]