SubjectRe: [alsa-devel] ca0132 audio in Ubuntu 19.04 only after Windows 10 started, missing ctefx-r3di.bin
Hm... not sure the firmware will fix this issue, as it falls back to
the default ctefx.bin firmware which should work fine. But it's worth
a shot.

His card looks like it's being identified properly, and I've had
reports from others with the same motherboard codecs not having
issues.

There's not too much that I can really troubleshoot with these cards,
as I lack the documentation. All that I know is from capturing the HDA
verbs from a Windows virtual machine with PCI passthrough.

The only thing I can really think of is GPIO potentially, but that
would be re-set when the Linux driver is booted up. I know some users
have to do a full on shutdown to clear the cards internal memory for
it to work in Linux, but it sounds like he may have already done that.

I'll look into this a little bit when I get some time, but the issue
is that I don't have too many options/ideas on what could be
potentially wrong.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 5:29 AM Kai-Heng Feng
<kai.heng.feng@canonical.com> wrote:

> at 17:13, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:35:51 +0200,
> > Kai-Heng Feng wrote:
> >> Hi Connor,
> >>
> >> The bug was filed at Launchpad [1], I think the most notable error is
> >> [ 3.768667] snd_hda_intel 0000:00:1f.3: Direct firmware load for
> >> ctefx-r3di.bin failed with error -2
> >>
> >> The firmware is indeed listed in patch_ca0132.c, but looks like
> >> there’s no corresponding file in linux-firmware.
> >
> > FYI, the firmware is found in alsa-firmware git repo for now.
>
> Got it, thanks for the info. Didn’t know there’s alsa-firmware repo.
>
> Kai-Heng
>

> > Takashi

  Last update: 2019-06-28 18:43    [W:0.042 / U:0.036 seconds]