SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the nand tree with Linus' tree
Hi Stephen,

Miquel Raynal <miquel.raynal@bootlin.com> wrote on Thu, 27 Jun 2019
16:51:37 +0200:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote on Tue, 4 Jun 2019
> 10:54:18 +1000:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Today's linux-next merge of the nand tree got a conflict in:
> >
> > Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mtd/brcm,brcmnand.txt
> >
> > between commit:
> >
> > a5f2246fb913 ("dt: bindings: mtd: replace references to nand.txt with nand-controller.yaml")
> >
> > from Linus' tree and commit:
> >
> > 33cc5bd0b87a ("dt-bindings: mtd: brcmnand: Make nand-ecc-strength and nand-ecc-step-size optional")
> >
> > from the nand tree.
> >
> > I fixed it up (the latter included the changes from the former, so I
> > just used that) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed
> > as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should
> > be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for
> > merging. You may also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer
> > of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.
> >

> Can you please share the fix? I might want to include it in the final
> PR.

Actually I decided to rebase my branch to avoid all conflicts, no
need for the fix, thanks.

Miquèl

  Last update: 2019-06-27 23:23    [W:0.043 / U:0.148 seconds]