SubjectRe: Steam is broken on new kernels
Date

On 6/21/19 5:19 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 7:54 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>>
>> Eric is talking about this patch, I think:
>>
>> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1120222/
>>

> That is correct.
>
> I am about to take a flight from Boston to Paris, so I can not really
> follow discussions/tests for the following hours.

I built the tip of linux-5.1.y and reproduced the issue while trying to
log out and back into Steam; it exhibited this symptom as well:

pgriffais@pgriffais:~$ nstat -az | grep -i wqueue
TcpExtTCPWqueueTooBig 31 0.0

I applied Eric's path to the tip of the branch and ran that kernel and
the bug didn't occur through several logout / login cycles, so things
look good at first glance. I'll keep running that kernel and report back
if anything crops up in the future, but I believe we're good, beyond
getting distros to ship this additional fix.

Thanks,
- Pierre-Loup

> Thanks.
>
>> I guess I'll ask people on the github thread to test that too.
>>
>> Linus
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 3:38 PM Eric Dumazet <edumazet@google.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please look at my recent patch.
>>> Sorry I am travelling....

  Last update: 2019-06-22 03:04    [W:0.074 / U:0.656 seconds]