SubjectRe: [RFC 00/10] Process-local memory allocations for hiding KVM secrets
On 6/17/19 11:50 AM, Nadav Amit wrote:
>> The idea is that you have a per-cpu address space. Certain kernel
>> virtual addresses would map to different physical address based on where
>> you are running. Each of the physical addresses would be "owned" by a
>> single CPU and would, by convention, never use a PGD that mapped an
>> address unless that CPU that "owned" it.
>>
>> In that case, you never really invalidate those addresses.
> I understand, but as I see it, this is not related directly to PCIDs.

Yeah, the only link I was thinking of is that we can manage per-CPU PGDs
in the same way that we manage PCIDs. Basically we can reuse a chunk of
the software concept.

  Last update: 2019-06-17 20:56    [W:0.057 / U:0.368 seconds]