SubjectRe: RFC: Run a dedicated hmm.git for 5.3
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 6:53 PM Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ziepe.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 06:27:09PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> > Sure topic branch sounds fine, we do that all the time with various
> > subsystems all over. We have ready made scripts for topic branches and
> > applying pulls from all over, so we can even soak test everything in our
> > integration tree. In case there's conflicts or just to make sure
> > everything works, before we bake the topic branch into permanent history
> > (the main drm.git repo just can't be rebased, too much going on and too
> > many people involvd).
>
> We don't rebase rdma.git either for the same reasons and nor does
> netdev
>
> So the usual flow for a shared topic branch is also no-rebase -
> testing/etc needs to be done before things get applied to it.

Rebasing before it gets baked into any tree is still ok. And for
something like this we do need a test branch first, which might need a
fixup patch squashed in. On the drm side we have a drm-local
integration tree for this stuff (like linux-next, but without all the
other stuff that's not relevant for graphics). But yeah that's just
details, easy to figure out.
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation

  Last update: 2019-05-24 19:00    [W:0.288 / U:0.476 seconds]