SubjectRe: Linux Testing Microconference at LPC
On Wed, 2019-05-22 at 14:02 -0700, Brendan Higgins wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 08:36:49PM -0400, Sasha Levin wrote:
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 04:44:19PM -0600, shuah wrote:
> > > Hi Sasha and Dhaval,

> > > A talk on KUnit from Brendan Higgins will be good addition to this
> > > Micro-conference. I am cc'ing Brendan on this thread.
> > >
> > > Please consider adding it.
> >
> > FWIW, the topic of unit tests is already on the schedule. There seems to
> > be two different sub-topics here (kunit vs KTF) so there's a good
> > discussion to be had here on many levels.
>
> Cool, so do we just want to go with that? Have a single slot for KUnit
> and KTF combined?
>
> We can each present our work up to this point; maybe offer some
> background and rationale on why we made the decision we have and then we
> can have some moderated discussion on, pros, cons, next steps, etc?

I definitely had KTF and KUnit in mind when proposing this topic.
If you recall from the last time we discussed unit testing, each slot is
fairly limited in time. My plan for the intro for discussion is to
itemize some of the distinct goals we try to achieve with our frameworks and have a
discussion based on that. In light of the discussion around your patch sets,
one topic is also the question of whether a common API would be useful/desired,
and whether we can "capture" a short namespace for that.

Thanks,
Knut

> Cheers

  Last update: 2019-05-23 06:59    [W:0.064 / U:0.212 seconds]