SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 1/4] ARM: SoC platform updates
On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 8:53 AM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de> wrote:

> On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 5:34 PM Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:43 PM Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > SoC updates, mostly refactorings and cleanups of old legacy platforms.
> > > Major themes this release:
> >
> > Hmm. This brings in a new warning:
> >
> > drivers/clocksource/timer-ixp4xx.c:78:20: warning:
> > ‘ixp4xx_read_sched_clock’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> >
> > because that drivers is enabled for build testing, but that function
> > is only used under
> >
> > #ifdef CONFIG_ARM
> > sched_clock_register(ixp4xx_read_sched_clock, 32, timer_freq);
> > #endif
> >
> > It's not clear why that #ifdef is there. This driver only builds
> > non-ARM when COMPILE_TEST is enabled, and that #ifdef actually breaks
> > that build test.
> >
> > I'm going to remove that #ifdef in my merge, because I do *not* want
> > to see new warnings, and it doesn't seem to make any sense.
> >
> > Maybe that's the wrong resolution, please holler and let me know if
> > you want something else.
>
> As far as I can tell, that is the best fix, thanks for the cleanup!

Yeah, this was entirely on me -- it was found and fixed on linux-next,
and Linus Walleij sent patches. However, as I was staging these pull
requests, I applied them to a branch of fixes that I'm collecting for
later this week instead of on top of the one I was sending.

Thanks for fixing it up.

-Olof

  Last update: 2019-05-16 19:11    [W:0.105 / U:16.864 seconds]