SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] RISC-V Patches for the 5.2 Merge Window, Part 1
From
On Wed, 15 May 2019 18:49:57 PDT (-0700), Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@sifive.com> wrote:
>>
>> Linus: I'm not sure how to tag this PR as a mistake, so I'm going to just send
>> another one. If this gets merged then I'll handle the follow-on.
>
> Just emailing in the same thread ends up with me hopefully seeing the
> "oops, cancel pull request" before I actually pull, so you did the
> right thing.
>
> To make sure, you _could_ obviously also just force-remove the tag you
> asked me to pull, so that if I miss an email any pull attempt of mine
> would just fail.

Ah, OK, I hadn't thought of that one.

> .., and if were to have ended up pulling before you sent the cancel
> email and/or removed the tag, it's obviously all too late, and then
> we'd have to fix things up after the fact, but at least this time it
> got caught in time.

Ya, that's fine. It's just an extra 0-length file that doesn't get built
("file." instead of "file.c"), which explains how it went unnoticed. That
said, it's a bit of an embarassment and I wanted to submit two more patches
anyway so I was going to send another PR. The rebased patches are sitting on
my for-next now, I'll send them up tomorrow unless someone points something
out.

Thanks for the quick reply!

  Last update: 2019-05-16 03:57    [W:0.036 / U:0.408 seconds]