SubjectRe: [RFC 2/3] arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845-cheza: Re-add reserved memory
Hi,

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 9:10 PM Rob Clark <robdclark@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:48 PM Doug Anderson <dianders@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 11:44 AM Rob Clark <robdclark@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > From: Douglas Anderson <dianders@chromium.org>
> > >
> > > Let's fixup the reserved memory to re-add the things we deleted in
> > > ("CHROMIUM: arm64: dts: qcom: sdm845-cheza: Temporarily delete
> > > reserved-mem changes") in a way that plays nicely with the new
> > > upstream definitions.
> >
> > The message above makes no sense since that commit you reference isn't
> > in upstream.
> >
> > ...but in any case, why not squash this in with the previous commit?
>
> Yeah, I should have mentioned this was my intention, I just left it
> unsquashed since (at the time) it was something I had cherry-picked on
> top of current 4.19 cros kernel..
>
> anyways, I pushed an (unsquashed, converted to fixup!'s) update to:
>
> https://github.com/freedreno/kernel-msm/commits/wip/cheza-dtb-upstreaming
>
> which has updates based on you're review comments (at least assuming I
> understood them correctly).. plus some unrelated to cheza-dt patches
> on top to get things actually working (ie. ignore everything on top of
> the fixup!'s)

Looks OK to me. Are you going to post this? Bjorn / Andy: do you
guys have opinions here?

> I didn't see any comments on the 'delete zap-shader' patch, so
> hopefully that means what I did there was a sane (or at least not
> insane) way to handle android/linux tz vs what we have on cheza?

I wasn't CCed, so I assumed you were looking for feedback from others
on that one. ;-) Oh, but I guess Jordan and Bjorn also weren't
CCed... In any case, I replied now.

  Last update: 2019-05-15 23:50    [W:0.060 / U:0.192 seconds]