SubjectRe: Regression causes a hang on boot with a Comtrol PCI card
On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:00 AM Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Whatever the source of the problem, I don't think you're going to find
> it by looking at the USB code. Perhaps the early initialization of the
> functions that _are_ present on the Comtrol card somehow messes up
> other parts of the system.

Thanks for all you help Alan,

I think at this point my Linux kernel debugging knowledge has run
aground. I would
love to crack this nut, but I doubt that will be possible with my
current knowledge base.
For now I am going to run the patched kernel even if I don't
understand precisely why
they prevent the box from hanging on boot when the Comtrol card is present.

  Last update: 2019-04-23 22:19    [W:0.077 / U:0.500 seconds]