SubjectRe: 32-bit Amlogic (ARM) SoC: kernel BUG in kfree()
Hi Liang,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 1:08 PM Liang Yang <liang.yang@amlogic.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> On 2019/4/5 12:30, Martin Blumenstingl wrote:
> > Hi Liang,
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 8:44 AM Liang Yang <liang.yang@amlogic.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Martin,

> >> [......]
> >>>
> >> I have asked our VLSI designer for explanation or simulation result by
> >> an e-mail. Thanks.
> > do you have any update on this?
> Sorry. I haven't got reply from VLSI designer yet. We tried to improve
> priority yesterday, but i still can't estimate the time. There is no
> document or change list showing the difference between m8/b and gxl/axg
> serial chips. Now it seems that we can't use command NFC_CMD_N2M on nand
> initialization for m8/b chips and use *read byte from NFC fifo register*
> instead.
thank you for the status update!

I am trying to understand your suggestion not to use NFC_CMD_N2M:
the documentation (public S922X datasheet from Hardkernel: [0]) states
that P_NAND_BUF (NFC_REG_BUF in the meson_nand driver) can hold up to
four bytes of data. is this the "read byte from NFC FIFO register" you
mentioned?

Before I spend time changing the code to use the FIFO register I would
like to wait for an answer from your VLSI designer.
Setting the "correct" info buffer length for NFC_CMD_N2M on the 32-bit
SoCs seems like an easier solution compared to switching to the FIFO
register. Keeping NFC_CMD_N2M on the 32-bit SoCs also allows us to
have only one code-path for 32 and 64 bit SoCs, meaning we don't have
to maintain two separate code-paths for basically the same
functionality (assuming that NFC_CMD_N2M is not completely broken on
the 32-bit SoCs, we just don't know how to use it yet).

Regards
Martin

[0] https://dn.odroid.com/S922X/ODROID-N2/Datasheet/S922X_Public_Datasheet_V0.2.pdf

  Last update: 2019-04-10 19:55    [W:0.063 / U:0.292 seconds]