SubjectRe: Device Description for FPGA Components on x86 system
Date
Hello,

sorry to push for an answer but I do not want to take the risk of designing
something useless. I do not know how should I interpret a no-answer.

If the solution really does not exist today, then I would like to collect
opinions/arguments/requirements on the topic so that I can write something
useful not only for CERN but for the entire community.

Thank you

On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 6:17:18 PM CEST Federico Vaga wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for guidance
>
> What I have:
> * Intel x86_64 computer
> * PCIe card with FPGA on it
>
> What I want to achieve:
> * load an FPGA bitstream on the card
> * load a device-tree like description for the FPGA devices contained in the
> bitstream
>
> This is achievable on ARM with DeviceTree, overlay-dt, fpga-mgr; but I'm
> puzzled about the x86_64 use-case. I'm not able to find recent and clear
> information.
>
> Does anyone know if this is doable? Perhaps with ACPI SSDTs overlay? Or with
> the DT?
>
> thanks

  Last update: 2019-04-10 12:03    [W:0.122 / U:1.348 seconds]