    SubjectRe: [RFC] Provide in-kernel headers for making it easy to extend the kernel
    On Fri 2019-01-18 17:55:43, Joel Fernandes wrote:
    > From: "Joel Fernandes (Google)" <joel@joelfernandes.org>
    >
    > Introduce in-kernel headers and other artifacts which are made available
    > as an archive through proc (/proc/kheaders.tgz file). This archive makes
    > it possible to build kernel modules, run eBPF programs, and other
    > tracing programs that need to extend the kernel for tracing purposes
    > without any dependency on the file system having headers and build
    > artifacts.
    >
    > On Android and embedded systems, it is common to switch kernels but not
    > have kernel headers available on the file system. Raw kernel headers
    > also cannot be copied into the filesystem like they can be on other
    > distros, due to licensing and other issues. There's no linux-headers

    If your licensing prevents you from having headers on the
    filesystem... then I guess you should fix the licensing.

    I agree with Christoph, this looks pretty horrible.
    Pavel

      Last update: 2019-03-07 00:11    [W:4.114 / U:0.020 seconds]