SubjectRe: [RFC GIT PULL] EFI fixes, memblock quirk
On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 at 16:16, Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org> wrote:

> * Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 2:59 AM Ingo Molnar <mingo@kernel.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I marked it RFC: please have a second look at the mm/memblock.c change,
> > > which adds a INIT_MEMBLOCK_RESERVED_REGIONS detour that ARM64 takes for
> > > these systems.
> >
> > It's not pretty, but it looks minimal for now. Pulled.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > > Perhaps we should upgrade the build time sizing of all platforms to
> > > INIT_MEMBLOCK_REGIONS+NR_CPUS+1 and thus centrally give an extra
> > > allocation entry per CPU configured?
> > >
> > > Or is there some cleaner solution?
> >
> > Is there some reason other platforms might want that kind of thing?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.

Nor me.

> > If not, then the current hack seems sufficient.
>
> Ok!

Thanks. It's a bit of a hack indeed, but every other option I explored
was a lot nastier. We might be able to tweak the LPI table allocation
logic so that they are adjacent, taking up only a single slot in the
reservation table, but that will have to wait for v5.2

  Last update: 2019-02-19 16:30    [W:0.033 / U:7.224 seconds]