SubjectRe: [RFC] On the Current Troubles of Mainlining Loongson Platform Drivers
Date
On Feb 11, 2019, Tom Li <tomli@tomli.me> wrote:

> We've just identified and confirmed the source of the shutdown problem a
> few days ago on this mailing list.

> You can pick up the patch from:
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190207205812.GA11315@darkstar.musicnaut.iki.fi/

> A patch has been authored and submitted by Aaro Koskinen, but currently it
> seems stuck in the mailing list because the maintainer worries about regression
> and asks for testing on more MIPS systems, although we believe it's a trivial
> patch.

Thanks. I've just brought it into my local copies of loongson-community
branches for 4.4, 4.9, 4.14, 4.19, and 4.20, and master, after verifying
that it enables at least 4.19, 4.20 and master to reboot without a power
cycle, and I'll include it in upcoming freeloong builds, except for 3.16
and 3.18, where it doesn't apply.

> In addition, I've discovered and fixed another bug preventing the machine from
> shutting down, this patch has already merged into the Linus tree.

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=8a96669d77897ff3613157bf43f875739205d66d

Hmm, I don't think I've ever hit this one. Do you happen to know how
far back it might be needed?

> I'll continue working on upstreaming these out-of-tree drivers as my personal
> project. I hope you'll be able to use a fully-functional machine with the mainline
> kernel soon, my current target is Linux 5.3.

Thanks!

--
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter https://FSFLA.org/blogs/lxo
Be the change, be Free! FSF Latin America board member

  Last update: 2019-02-17 05:43    [W:0.206 / U:1.484 seconds]