SubjectRe: [RFC v3 14/19] Documentation: kunit: add documentation for KUnit
On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 04:17:13PM -0800, Brendan Higgins wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 1:55 PM Kieran Bingham
> <kieran.bingham@ideasonboard.com> wrote:
> Oh, yep, you are right. Does that mean we should bother at all with a defconfig?

If one wanted a qemu enabled type of kernel and also for kuniut one
could imply run:

make kvmconfig
make kunitconfig

That would get what you suggest above of default "bells and whistles"
and keep the kuniut as a fragment.

Hm, actually the kvmconfig doesn't really enable the required fragments
for qemu, so perhaps one would be good. It would have the serial stuff
for instance.

> Luis, I know you said you wanted one. I am thinking just stick with
> the UML one? The downside there is we then get stuck having to
> maintain the fragment and the defconfig. I right now (in the new
> revision I am working on) have the Python kunit_tool copy the
> defconfig if no kunitconfig is provided and a flag is set. It would be
> pretty straightforward to make it merge in the fragment instead.

Up to you in the end.

Luis

  Last update: 2019-02-14 18:27    [W:0.110 / U:0.368 seconds]