SubjectRe: How to know if there is a pending interrupt when they are masked?
On Thu, 14 Feb 2019, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> today we have the possibility to mask the local interrupt with the
> command local_irq_disable / local_irq_enable.
>
> The power management path disables the local interrupt in order to
> initiate a power down sequence. If there is a pending interrupt this one
> will make the power down function to abort, thus exiting right after
> calling the shutdown function after costly operations. It could be
> interesting to check if there is a pending interrupt before initiating
> the power down sequence.
>
> Is there a way to know if there is a pending interrupt on the current
> CPU when the local interrupt are disabled? Something like,
> local_irq_pending() function ?

We have nothing like that today, but it would be possible to implement this
at least on x86 by peeking the local APIC registers.

OTOH, the question is whether it's worth the trouble because the interrupt
could come in right after the query and the same issue which you want to
address persists. It only makes sense if it reduces the time window so
significantly that it actually matters.

Thanks,

tglx

  Last update: 2019-02-14 16:35    [W:0.075 / U:0.108 seconds]