SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] of: overlay: validation checks, subsequent fixes for v20 -- correction: v4.20
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 1:13 PM Greg Kroah-Hartman
<gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 12:41:40PM -0600, Alan Tull wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:58 AM Frank Rowand <frowand.list@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What LTSI's are these patches likely to end up in? Just to be clear,
> > I'm not pushing for any specific answer, I just want to know what to
> > expect.
>
> I have no idea what you are asking here.
>
> What patches?

I probably should have asked my question *below* the pertinent context
of the the 17 patches listed in the pull request, which was:

> of: overlay: add tests to validate kfrees from overlay removal
> of: overlay: add missing of_node_put() after add new node to changeset
> of: overlay: add missing of_node_get() in __of_attach_node_sysfs
> powerpc/pseries: add of_node_put() in dlpar_detach_node()
> of: overlay: use prop add changeset entry for property in new nodes
> of: overlay: do not duplicate properties from overlay for new nodes
> of: overlay: reorder fields in struct fragment
> of: overlay: validate overlay properties #address-cells and #size-cells
> of: overlay: make all pr_debug() and pr_err() messages unique
> of: overlay: test case of two fragments adding same node
> of: overlay: check prevents multiple fragments add or delete same node
> of: overlay: check prevents multiple fragments touching same property
> of: unittest: remove unused of_unittest_apply_overlay() argument
> of: overlay: set node fields from properties when add new overlay node
> of: unittest: allow base devicetree to have symbol metadata
> of: unittest: find overlays[] entry by name instead of index
> of: unittest: initialize args before calling of_*parse_*()

> What is "LTSI's"?

I have recently seen some of devicetree patches being picked up for
the 4.20 stable-queue. That seemed to suggest that some, but not all
of these will end up in the next LTS release. Also I was wondering if
any of this is likely to get backported to LTSI-4.14.

> confused,

Yes, and now I'm confused about the confusion. Sorry for spreading confusion.

Alan

> greg k-h

  Last update: 2019-02-11 21:44    [W:0.051 / U:22.860 seconds]