SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] tpmdd updates for Linux v5.4
On Fri, Dec 06, 2019 at 04:02:55PM -0700, Jerry Snitselaar wrote:
> On Fri Dec 06 19, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:

> > > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-integrity/a60dadce-3650-44ce-8785-2f737ab9b993@www.fastmail.com/
> >
> > tpm_chip_stop() probably causes the issue. That is why tpm2_probe()
> > works and failure happens after that.
> >
> > tpm_chip_stop() should be called once at the end of the function.
> >

> The patch I posted that fixed the issue for him moved the
> tpm_chip_start() from the irq probing section right below there to
> before the tpm_get_timeouts call, but your idea is better.

Yes, the chip can be reserved for the whole course of the function
because it is single user at that point.

> Any thoughts on the irq issue? I need to go back and look at the older
> commits again, but before Stefan's patch enabling the irq flag I'm not
> sure the last time that testing code section in tpm_tis_send was
> actually used. I think prior to that it always just went straight to
> tpm_tis_send_main.

I'd prefer to look it up with the fix for start/stop because it is
a regression on its own and mixed effect is not great way to analyze
anything.

So what we need is a T490S owner to provide klog with the fix applied.

/Jarkko

  Last update: 2019-12-09 21:18    [W:0.056 / U:0.040 seconds]