    SubjectRE: One question about trusted key of keyring in Linux kernel.
    Date
    Thanks so much for you feedback, James.
    And glad to hear that the API will be made more friendly.

    But I have a little confused about the call stack.
    From the document, https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/security/keys/trusted-encrypted.rst and
    https://github.com/zfsonlinux/dracut/tree/master/modules.d/97masterkey, the trusted key is a random number and generated by TPM2.0 and sealed with TPM2.0 2048 RSA key.

    The 2048 RSA key is generated by tpm2_createprimary, and it can be got by the TPM2.0 handle, just the "keyhandle" used in the following keyctl command.
    $ keyctl add trusted kmk "new 32 keyhandle=0x81000001 hash=sha256 policydigest=`cat pcr7.policy`" @u

    If reboot, to re-load the trusted key back to keyring, just call tpm2_unseal is enough, don't need to call tpm2_load to load the TPM2.0 2048 RSA key.
    If the trusted key is also protected by policy, then the policy will be checked during tpm2_unseal.

    After check the source code, the call stack is mostly like:
    SYSCALL_DEFINE5(add_key,...) --> key_create_or_update() --> __key_instantiate_and_link() --> trusted_instantiate() --> tpm2_unseal_trusted() --> tpm2_unseal_cmd().

    Another problem here is, to build the policy to unseal the key, it need to start an policy session, and transfer the session handle to TPM2.0 unseal command.
    In my keyctl command, I use tpm2.0 command to start the session and get the handle, put it into the keyctl command like:
    keyctl add trusted kmk "load `cat kmk.blob` keyhandle=0x81000001 policyhandle=0x3000000" @u

    I am not sure whether it is correct.

    Thanks.

    - Shirley