SubjectRe: [ v2] hwmon: (pmbus) Add Wistron power supply pmbus driver
On 12/12/19 3:54 PM, Eddie James wrote:

> On 12/8/19 7:44 AM, Ben Pai wrote:
>> Add the driver to monitor Wisreon power supplies with hwmon over pmbus.
>

> Hi Ben.
>

> This driver looks very similar to the IBM CFFPS driver. If you think they are similar enough, you may want to simply add a new version to that driver that supports your PSU.

It would be nice to have datasheets for those power supplies.

Eddie - is it possible that the IBM power supply supports the WRITE_PROTECT
command and has a write protect bit set ? If yes, I just submitted a patch
for the PMBus core to address the situation; see
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/11289717/

Thanks,
Guenter

  Last update: 2019-12-13 03:29    [W:0.056 / U:0.116 seconds]