SubjectRe: [RFC] simple_recursive_removal()
On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 04:26:09PM -0500, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 21:18:20 +0000
> Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > OK... debugfs and tracefs definitely convert to that; so do, AFAICS,
> > spufs and selinuxfs, and I wouldn't be surprised if it could be
> > used in a few more places... securityfs, almost certainly qibfs,
> > gadgetfs looks like it could make use of that. Maybe subrpc
> > as well, but I'll need to look in details. configfs won't,
> > unfortunately...
>
> Thanks Al for looking into this.
>
> I'll try to test it in tracefs, and see if anything breaks. But
> probably wont get to it till next week.

I'll probably throw that into #next.dcache - if nothing else,
that cuts down on the size of patch converting d_subdirs/d_child
from list to hlist...

Need to get some sleep first, though - only 5 hours today, so
I want to take another look at that thing tomorrow morning -
I don't trust my ability to spot obvious bugs right now... ;-/

Oh, well - that at least might finally push the old "kernel-side
rm -rf done right" pile of half-baked patches into more useful
state, probably superseding most of them.

  Last update: 2019-11-15 23:11    [W:0.056 / U:5.824 seconds]