SubjectRe: cdrom: make debug logging rely on pr_debug and debugfs only.
On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 12:21:38PM +0000, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 4:00 PM Michal Suchánek <msuchanek@suse.de> wrote:
> > can you change cd_dbg to a macro that always prints the device name
> > using pr_debug instead of removing it?
>
> I can try doing that (need to figure out how, of course.)
>
> Should I split the change that removes the debug parameter /
> ERRORLOGMASK parts? To be honest those are the parts that appear more
> of a duplication than the macro itself, so it might make sense to
> remove the custom debug selection, and then add the device name on top
> of that?

I wrote a patch that does just that because I am debugging an issue with
cdrom and I need to know which device the messages relate to.

Maybe you can drop this part entirely to not get conflicts.

Thanks

Michal

  Last update: 2019-11-11 14:19    [W:0.048 / U:0.040 seconds]